Author Notes: I lead cleanses for a living. That means it's important to really keep up with making purees that taste like something more than... blah! This puree is by far, my favorite one yet. It's incredibly smooth, it has sweet tones from the yam and fig, earthy tones from the cauliflower and beet, and a little spice from the basil and onion. It's incredible - Skylor Powell
- 1/2 can of light coconut milk
- 1 medium sized beet
- 1 large yam
- 4 black figs
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1.5 tablespoons all purpose seasoning
- 1 head cauliflower
- 8-10 basil leaves
- Chop the beet, yam, onion and cauliflower into small pieces.
- Bring the coconut milk and 2/3 cup of water to boil.
- Put the chopped veggies and figs in the boiling water and cover for 10 minutes, until the sweet potato is very soft.
- After 10 minutes, put the veggies, water, basil, and all purpose seasoning into a high speed blender.
- Blend for about one minute.
- Serve with a slice of toasted bread and enjoy!