If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is my fall favorite. Puff pastry seemed the perfect vehicle in which to make it all come together. This rendition was inspired by a recipe I found for a fruit turnover. Fresh figs pair perfectly with grapes in my humble opinion, so the idea was born to work this into a delicious, flaky treat. I drizzle honey over the turnovers when they are hot out of the oven, which is purely optional. - ashleychasesdinner
- 1 package frozen puff pastry
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 10 firm ripe fresh figs, stems trimmed, quartered and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved crosswise
- 1 large egg, seperated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Thaw puff pastry in package at room temperature 15 to 20 minutes; carefully unwrap. Keep 1 square of pastry refrigerated while working with the other. Roll pastry on lightly floured wax paper from center into a 10-inch square. Cut into 4 equal squares. Repeat with second sheet.
- Combine sugar and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until combined completely.
- Add figs and grapes, and gently stir until blended.
- Place egg white in a small bowl; lightly beat. Place egg yolk and milk in a second bowl, and lightly beat until blended. Working with 4 squares of pastry at a time, lightly brush egg white along edges of 2 adjacent sides of each square. Spoon about 1/3 cup sugared fruit onto 1 side of pastry. Fold over to make triangles, and press edges to secure. Repeat with remaining pastry.
- Place turnovers on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Lightly brush tops with egg yolk mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack or drizzle with honey and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.