If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy to make cake is guaranteed to get many compliments from
whoever tastes it. It's moist, fruity, refreshing and consists of
ingredients you will surely have handy at home and I'm not even
mentioning the filling color which you'll find hard to resist.
Makes 8.5 inch round cake
For the dough:
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces Butter (100 Grams)
- 2 Egg Yolks
For the filling and the topping:
- 2 cups Red Seedless Grapes - Halved
- 2 cups Frozen Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons White Sugar
- 1.7 ounces Butter (50 Grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Corn Starch
- 2 Egg Whites (for topping)
- 2 tablespoons White Sugar (for topping)
- First prepare the dough: Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Line the bottom and edges of an 8.5 Inch round baking pan with parchment paper
- In a mixer bowl, mix all the dough ingredients together until combined into one dough ball
- Flatten the dough on the bottom and just a bit of the edges on the baking pan. Cut a few grapes in two and press them into the dough (optional)
- Place dough in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes until golden and puffed. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare the filling: In a medium saucepan place the butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, grapes, cinnamon and blueberries and heat over medium heat. Stir often for about 10 minutes until grapes soften a bit.
- Add the corn starch and stir well until the grape liquids are just a bit thicker
- Using a large tablespoon gently place the grape mix on the baked dough and spread evenly. Make sure you do not spread on the edges, leave the edges with no filling. Set aside to cool a bit.
- In the meantime, prepare the topping: Using a mixer, beat the remaining 2 egg whites with 2 tablespoons of white sugar. Beat the eggs until you get a firm foam. To check if it's firm enough tilt the bowl, if the foam is steady it is ready. If it's a bit runny, beat some more.
- Spread the egg foam over the filling. Spread evenly over the edges as well and place back into the preheated oven for another 15 minutes until foam is golden on the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.