Author Notes: A go-to weekday dinner, and perfect for the Mexican food lover who's a bit more health-conscious - Molly Hippolitus
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Black Beans
- 1 bunch Chopped Tuscan Kale
- 1 handful Cilantro, chopped
- .5 cups Lime Juice
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- 1 splash Sriracha
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 handful Corn Tortilla Chips
- Cook quinoa using vegetable broth, per package instructions.
- Roughly chop Tuscan (also known as lacinato) kale, removing stems. Saute over medium-high heat in olive oil until they've wilted and turned bright green. About 5-7 minutes.
- Use cooked black beans, or 1 can of organic black beans - drain the majority of the liquid, but do not rinse.
- Combined black beans and quinoa, add cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve mixture in deep bowls, topping with cubed avocado and a few blue corn tortilla chips. Add an extra spritz of lime to tortilla chips and avocado. Lightly drizzle with sriracha. Salt and pepper to taste.