If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 quart water
- 1 bay leaf
- 5-6 sprigs flat leaf parsley tied in a bundle
- freshly ground pepper
- good quality balsamic vinegar
- good quality olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh heary spinach, finely chopped
- heat olive oil over medium flame in a dutch oven; add onions, and saute until translucent (about 8 minutes)
- add garlic, carrots, and herbes de Provence; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 1 minute)
- add sherry, raise heat, and cook stirring constantly until most of the liquid has evaporated
- add water, lentils, parsley and bay leaf; bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover, for about 30 minutes
- once the lentils are tender, remove from heat, carefully remove parsley, and blend the soup with an immersion blender for a few pulses, until about half of the soup is creamy, but there are still lots of whole lentils; stir in spinach; salt and pepper to taste
- ladle into bowls and top with a small drizzle each of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Beans
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.