Author Notes: This is a wonderful way to combine the smokiness of grilled eggplant, the brightness of mint, and the salty richness of feta, accented with the buttery, toasted crunch of pine nuts. - Anna Hezel
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch-thick rounds. Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with Kosher salt. Grill eggplant for 3-4 minutes per side, until tender all the way through.
- Cut rounds into semi-circles, and layer in a serving dish with remaining ingredients.