If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is infinitely adaptable -- even calling it a recipe may be going too far. It is sweet potatoes, a salad green, some cheese, dressing. It is intended to be augmented, although not overloaded. I have put a fried egg on top before and been pleased. —Nicholas Day
Serves 4, lightly
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1/2 cup feta, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole scallions, tops and bottoms, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and chop the sweet potatoes into slightly larger than bite-sized pieces. Toss with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, generously salt, and place in a large roasting pan; if they look claustrophobic, use another pan. Roast for about a half-hour, gently turning every 10 minutes or so. You want them golden and toothsome, but not mushy. During the last five to ten minutes of roasting, add the walnuts to the oven in a separate pan, toasting until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, place the arugula in a large bowl and add the feta and scallions. Put the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake well; remove the garlic clove.
- When the sweet potatoes and walnuts are just out of the oven, dress the salad. Then scatter the warm sweet potatoes and walnuts over the top. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.