Author Notes: Inspired by chili roasted peanuts I like to buy in India, I decided to mix my pumpkin seeds up with ghee and a few different spices - garam masala, turmeric and chili powder and then bake them. - ABCDs of Cooking
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons ghee or melted butter
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- splashes lemon juice
- Take seeds out of pumpkin and remove as much pulp as possible.
- Wash the seeds in a colander to remove more access pulp and then lay them out on a paper towel to dry.
- You can make them same day by just letting them dry for about 20 minutes and patting them dry, or make them another day and store them overnight so that they completely dry on their own.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix the seeds well with ghee, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric and salt.
- Lay the seeds on a cookie sheet and place in the oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, occasionally turn the seeds over so that they are evenly roasted. (Also, if they start to pop, just lower the heat a bit.)
- Take them out when they are golden brown or browned, whatever your preference. Lay them out to cool. They will get crunchier as they sit out and add more salt to taste or even a squeeze of lemon.