If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love chicken thighs...bone in, skin on... and cook them regularly whether fried, grilled, in chicken cacciatore or baked. Here's a browned and then baked version served up with some sweet rice. - inpatskitchen
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for pan frying
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Whisk the flour, salt and pepper together in a shallow bowl. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and Brown them in the oil on both sides until lightly golden. Remove and place in an appropriate sized baking dish.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the honey and brown sugar and gently heat until just boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and cayenne if using.
- Brush the tops of the chicken thighs with half of the glaze and bake in a pre heated 325F oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes raise the oven temp to 350F and brush the thighs with the remaining glaze.( you'll probably have to re warm the glaze a bit in order to spread) Bake another 20 to 25 minutes.
Sweet vanilla Rice
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- A pinch of salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews for garnish
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the rice, water, honey, butter, salt and one teaspoon of the vanilla extract. Bring up to a boil and then simmer, covered for 15 to 18 minutes until the liquid is absorbed into the rice, stirring once or twice. Once done, remove from the heat and stir in that 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- To serve, place 1/4 of the rice on each of 4 plates, top with a piece of the chicken and garnish with the green onions and cashews.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.