If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got the idea for this from Sam Sifton's article in the NYT "Best Dressed" I decided Wednesday night was a great night to have stuffing. It turned out to be a delicious weeknight supper, and we ate it for breakfast with a fried egg on it. - Rona Wald
Makes a large casserole
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 4 Links of smoked Chorizo sausauge diced
- 4 stalks celerty diced
- 2 Japanese sweet potatos diced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 12 slices stale bread torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried Oregano, Thyme, and Rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Heat your high sided large saute pan and add the olive oil.
- Saute the onions for about 10 minutes on medium heat until they are caramelized
- Then add the chorizo and continue to saute until the delicious chorizo fat is rendered into the onions and the chorizo caramelizes as well.
- Add the celery saute for a couple of minutes
- Add the sweet potatoes incorporating all of the ingredients. Saute all of the above for about 5 minutes on medium heat
- Season to taste with sea salt, I skip the pepper because the chorizo has enough spice Transfer the above ingredients into a casserole dish
- Keep the pan on a low heat Melt the butter in the same saute pan add the garlic and dried spices for a minute until they release their aroma
- Mix in the bread and stir to coat. You may want to add a bit extra butter. Just cause you can. Mix the bread into the casserole dish until everything is incorporated
- Ladle the broth over the entire dish
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes to an hour. Check 20 minutes in and you may need to place a piece of foil loosely over the dish so the top layer does not over brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Stale Bread
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.