If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When trying to create drinks with custom flavors, it always seemed to be a game of roulette to get the exact flavors right each time, simply because spices can seriously change flavors with the addition of just an extra pinch. the only way out was to custom infuse my own spirits. The spices in this vodka are the same used in a basic chai spice blend. It opens up possibilities for some great mixed drinks. —Panfusine
Makes 1 liter
- 1 liter Good quality unflavored vodka
- 6-8 cardamom pods, lightly crushed with the green outer skins
- 8-10 peppercorns barely crushed
- 10-12 cloves
- 2 two inch pieces cassia cinnamon
- 2 small pieces of dried ginger, broken into tiny bits
- Add the spices into a clean washed, dried bottle fitted with an air tight cork. Using a funnel, gently pour the vodka into the bottle, filling it up to the neck. Seal and allow to steep in a cool dark place for about a month. Feel free to strain out the spices after a month, or just leave them in for a more intense flavor.
More Great Recipes: Cocktails