If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the textures happening here in this beet & quinoa salad. So lovely & simple. I basically got most the veggies from the farmer's market too. I have adapted this recipe from a Sprouted Kitchen. —we eat. happy.
For the salad
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked & cooled (cooking the quinoa in broth gives it a little more flavor)
- 6 beets (small to medium sized)
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- a handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- a handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- a small handful of roasted, salted almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Rub olive oil over the beets & place them in an tinfoil packet. Put on the bottom rack for about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven & let cool. When they are cool enough to handle, peel them (the skin comes right off) & dice them.
- Meanwhile in a serving bowl add the rest of the ingredients & toss. You can add the beets in, or if you don't want everything to turn pink, you can add the beets right before serving (sprinkled on top of the salad). But either way, feel free to let it sit for a while & let the flavors develop before eating. Serve with agave dressing.
for the dressing
- 2 TBL extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBL agave syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- a super healthy pinch of sea salt & cracked pepper
- Whisk together in a small bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.