Author Notes: I love salads. I mean I love them so much, so I don't need anything else. I love to have grains in my salad to make it more complete. This salad was probably one of the best I have ever made. I always have tuna in the cabinet for "just in case my fridge is empty and I don't have time to thaw items from the freezer", I always have edamame, because its nutritious and very versatile and I have been planning on making soft-boiled eggs for quite some time. So here it is: you really don't need any entree or a desert either. - Daria Faulkner
- 2,5 ounces (1/2 a can) tuna (water, no salt added)
- 1/4 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup edamame with shells or 1/4 cup shelled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 4 onion rings halved (approx)
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- shaved parmigiano reggiano to taste
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt/pepper to taste
- Put edamame in the steaming basket and steam for 6-7 minutes. Once cooled a little, shell them (or just steam the beans if use shelled ones).
- Put mixed greens, onion, avocado, tomatoes in the bowl.
- Bring to boil 2/4 of water in the saucepan. Add buckwheat, remove a heat to medium-high and cook for abou 5-6 min, till the liquid evaporates.
- In a separate small pot bring to boil about 1/2 of water (1 inch), place an egg in the steaming basket, cover and steam for 6, 5 min. After 6,5 min uncover the pot and rinse under the cold water for 30 sec. Peel and cut in halves.
- Mix edamame, buckwheat with the veggies, add tuna, egg and parmeggiano,
- Mix hummus with mustard and pour on top of the salad. If the dressing is to thick add a little bit of oil. My hummus was homemade and not too thick.