Author Notes: A bright colorful salad to chase away the winter blues, this one is sweet, salty and tart and extremely easy to make. - inpatskitchen
For the vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake, shake, shake until everything combines beautifully. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the salad
- 9 to 10 ounces baby spinach leaves, larger stems removed
- 2 fuyu persimmons, peeled,seeded if necessary and then cut into one inch cubes
- 4 ounces bleu cheese(I used a Danish bleu) cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- The previously made vinaigrette
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, coarsley chopped
- Place the spinach, persimmon cubes and bleu cheese pieces in a large bowl. Spoon some of the vinaigrette over and gently toss everything together. Start t with a little of the vinaigrette...you just barely want to coat the spinach leaves. Add more if needed.
- Divide the salad among four plates. Drape a few slices of the prosciutto over each and garnish with the pistachios.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons