If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A bright colorful salad to chase away the winter blues, this one is sweet, salty and tart and extremely easy to make. —inpatskitchen
For the vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake, shake, shake until everything combines beautifully. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the salad
- 9 to 10 ounces baby spinach leaves, larger stems removed
- 2 fuyu persimmons, peeled,seeded if necessary and then cut into one inch cubes
- 4 ounces bleu cheese(I used a Danish bleu) crumbled
- The previously made vinaigrette
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, coarsley chopped
- Place the spinach, persimmon cubes and bleu cheese pieces in a large bowl. Spoon some of the vinaigrette over and gently toss everything together. Start t with a little of the vinaigrette...you just barely want to coat the spinach leaves. Add more if needed.
- Divide the salad among four plates. Drape a few slices of the prosciutto over each and garnish with the pistachios.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons