Author Notes: Simple. Delicious. Healthy. Best when beets are in season, but you can really make it year round. - Courtnay
- 6 medium beets
- 3 bunches well washed rucola or spinach
- 1 handful toasted pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons homemade or store bought pesto sauce
- olive oil
- creamy Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Wrap each beet in foil and roast in a pan until a knife goes through the center with ease. 45-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the foil for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and peel the beets carefully with your fingers or a dull knife. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place the rucola or spinach to a serving dish or bowl. Add the beets, the toasted pine nuts and the pesto. Drizzle with olive oil and creamy Balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Toss gently and serve with a crusty baguette to sop up the yummy juices at the bottom of the bowl.