If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A wonderful way to incorporate almost all your breakfast drinks into one - milk and tea. Use your favourite tea......and enjoy a taste of 'English'. - Kitchen Butterfly
- 125g plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons loose tea leaves, ground with 2 tablespoons caster sugar (I used my favourite Orange Jaipur tea leaves)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Up to 100ml milk
- 2 tablespoons melted (brown) butter
- Sunflower oil or butter, for greasing
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the tea leaves-sugar mixture and whisk together briefly to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the egg and a quarter of the milk. Start beating with the whisk, gradually incorporating the flour. Beat in the melted butter and slowly add more milk and incorporate more flour until you have a smooth batter that drops slowly off a tea or tablespoon.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease with oil or melted butter. You'll have to cook them in batches - drop tea/tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the pan, leaving room for them to spread. After just a minute or two, they will set and you should see bubbles on the surface. Turn them over so the other side cooks and browns, about another minute. Remove from the pan and set aside in a warm place till all the batter is cooked or used up. Alternatively, you can cover and refrigerate the left over batter for up to 3 days.
- Serve warm with butter, jam, whipped cream, quarters of citrus, maple syrup.....or do like we do sometimes and dip them in pots of warm chocolate sauce, fondue-style.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.