Author Notes: I am always a big fan of matcha tea. My friend bought me a tin of authentic matcha green tea from Kyoto, Japan. So, I decided to make one of our favorite dessert-Crème Brûlée by adding matcha green tea powder to spice up the taste. and Voila!! - Tomato Kitchen
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Egg York
- 4 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 300F
- Bring the heavy whipping cream to boil and let it cool for a few minutes
- Separate three egg york and whisk them for about 2 minutes until it's smooth
- Add sugar into the egg york mixture and whisk them until it's fully incorporated and the color should be a little bit pale.
- Add matcha green tea powder and vanilla extract (optional)
- Slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream into the mixture and mix them well
- Pour the mixture through a small wire drainer into the ramekins
- Pour some water into the cake pan and place the ramekins inside.
- Bake for 40 minutes and refrigerated them for 5 hours
- Once it's ready to serve, add some granulated sugar on the surface and use a torch to caramelize the sugar until it turns brownish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea