Author Notes: I like warm drinks with spices, especially when the weather is cool and when the drink includes milk, a little sugar and good chocolate; then the sweet and spicy aroma lingers from sip to sip. - Kukla
- • 2 cups water
- • 1 teaspoon loose-leaf Earl Grey tea
- • 1 teaspoon loose-leaf Darjeeling tea
- • 1 star anise
- • 1 cinnamon stick
- • Pinch ground ginger
- • 1 tablespoon sugar
- • 2 cups Coconut milk or cream
- • 6 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate (I used Valrhona’s)
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, heat water to a boil. Drop in tea leaves, turn off heat, and steep for about 15 minutes. Strain tea back into pan and add star anise, cinnamon stick, ginger, sugar and coconut milk. Heat over medium heat until the mixture scalds, watching carefully so that it does not spill over.
- Put chocolate in a medium bowl. Strain hot coconut mixture into bowl with chocolate. Add vanilla and whisk until chocolate is melted. Transfer to mugs and serve warm or chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea