Author Notes: Warming and seasonal, this soup hits the subtle balance on the palate between sweet and savory with a hint of spice. - Asha
- 1 cup parsley root, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup lady apples, cored and quartered
- 2 shallots, diced
- 5 pieces garlic cloves, minced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 cups water/vegetable stock
- 1 pinch Maldon Salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Toss the parsley root and lady apples in oil, salt and chili flakes. Pour into a roasting pan. Tuck in the sprigs of thyme between the chunks. Cover the pan with foil and roast in a pre-heated oven at 400F for about 15 minutes till everything is soft but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and toss the garlic in it for a couple of minutes till its fragrance is released. Saute the the shallots until soft. Add in the roasted veggies along with the release fluid. Add water/stock and bring to a boil. Lower heat to let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Process the soup into a smooth puree. Bring the soup back to a boil and adjust the liquid content for needed consistency. Serve the soup with a dash of good olive oil and a sprinkling of chili flakes for just a touch of heat.