If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eggs are a cheap and easy way to feed a group. Whip them up with tomatoes, onions and jalapenos, tuck them into corn tortillas, top them with Cotija cheese, drizzle them with hot sauce and now you have a fun brunch party. Don't forget the margaritas! —Brooklyn Salt
Makes 4 tacos
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons diced white onion
- 4 tablespoons (seeds and jelly removed) diced tomato
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (seeds and ribs removed if no spiciness is desired), diced
- 4 whisked eggs
- Course salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons diced or crumbled Cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Cholula Original hot sauce (optional but highly encouraged)
- Warm both sides of the tortillas in a pan over low heat, a couple of minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in another saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in onions and a pinch of salt and cook until onions are soft, about a minute or two.
- Add tomato and jalapeno and cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Add in the whisked eggs, folding them repeatedly until all ingredients are incorporated and eggs are fully set, about 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Fill each warmed tortilla with an equal amount of cooked eggs, then top all tacos with the cheese, cilantro (or parsley) and Cholula Original hot sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.