If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Economical riff on steak & potatoes for a gathering. Bistro fare at its finest that can be used for flat iron, hanger, skirt or flank steak. Much less expensive then its counterparts such as rib-eye, filet mignon, NY strip or the like but still full of beefy flavor that improves with an easy marinade. I like to serve this with baby roasted potatoes that are boiled and fiinished in the oven. Cesear salad or a mixed green salad with blue cheese, feta, and home-made croutons & vinegarette makes this easy to feed a crowd that won't break the bank. This meal cost about $25. - sexyLAMBCHOPx
Serves 4-5, can be doubled, tripled
- 2 pounds Flat Iron Steak
- 4 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3/4 tablespoon freshly cracked pepper
- For Marinade: In a large ziploc bag add steak, canola oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary.
- Close ziploc bag and try to expet all the air out of the bag. Hand massage marinade into steak to distribute evenly. Place bag on plate and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning over once.
- When ready to cook bring steak to room temperature. Discard marinade and blot steak lightly with a paper towel to remove excess marinade. Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Prepare stove-top grill pan to medium-high heat. Weather permitting, gas or coal grill works as well.
- Cook steak approximately 5-6 minutes on one side and turn over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes for medium-rare (130 - 140 degrees F. )Use a digital meat thermometer for desired steak doneness. Re-season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Once steak is cooked to desired temperature take off heat and place on cutting board and tent loosely for at least 5-10 minutes. Then slice and put on platter arranging steak back to its orginal shape. Garnish with your choice of sides. Photo shows boiled & roasted baby potatoes and mixed green salad with balsamic vinegarette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.