If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Throwing a dinner party? The customary bowl of mixed olives could use a little dressing up.
In this recipe, shaved fennel adds a crunchy, refreshing bite to the olives, while the lemon zest and chili pepper liven things up, and the fennel greens make the dish colorful and festive. —Viviane Bauquet Farre
Makes 2 cups
- 1/2 small fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fennel greens
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes or 1 small fresh cayenne chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds mixed olives
- Trim and cut fennel bulb in half. Using a vegetable hand-peeler, shave 12 strips from the bulb and place in a large bowl. Add the balance of the ingredients. Stir well and let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Cook’s note: Refrigerate up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
Blend your plums—seriously.
It's time to travel.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
Off to market.