Author Notes: Here's how you make a really simple Italian-Style Lentils (with tomato sauce, of course) in less than 20 minutes. - HeatherPierceG
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 onion
- 1 15-oz can lentils
- 1/2 cup cup crushed tomatoes or tomato puree (I used these)
- 3 fresh sage leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chop carrot, celery, and onion. Heat large skillet with olive oil, add chopped veggies and cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse lentils.
- When veggies are soft, add tomato sauce and sage (torn up into small pieces). Cook for about 5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs