If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love grilled cheese sandwiches, but it's oh so nice to play with the variation of ingredients and cheeses. That is what I've done with this dish. I think I've perfected and found the perfect combination with this panini. —Melissa Daams
- 2 slices bread (whole wheat is my preference)
- 2 smears of Garlic and Herb cream cheese
- 1 layer of pan-fried courgette (zucchini slices)
- 1 layer of pan-fried aubergine (eggpalnt slices)
- 1 layer of roasted red peppers
- 1 handful shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 generous slice of Cheddar cheese
- First begin by cooking your courgette and aubergine in a pan with a little olive oil or butter till nice and brown. Remove and set aside. Heat a grill pan or Sandwich maker at this point, too.
- Then smear a generous (optional) amount of Garlic & Herb Cream cheese on each slice of bread.
- Then layer on the pan-fried courgette and aubergine.
- Then layer on the handful of shredded Mozzarella. (A slice of fresh Mozzarella also works, it's just much more moist and makes more of a mess.)
- Then layer on a big slice of roasted red pepper. (I usually buy the pre-made kind in a jar for fast preparation).
- Then top with a big slice of Cheddar Cheese. Sandwich together with the other slice of bread and put it into a piece of parchment paper for preparation to grill in the Sandwich maker (this makes clean up so much easier)
- Or if using a grill pan, place in the grill pan and cook a few minutes each side till golden brown grill lines appear.
A Money-Saving Kitchen
Yes, it is possible! Let's get organized
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Get your shine on.