If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hot oven is the key to these sprouts, giving them a a crispy, crunchy texture without the calorie glut of frying. They are a great vehicle for any dressing, or delicious on their own. - lisina
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts
- 1/3 cup olive oil, or enough to coat the sprouts well
- a healthy dusting of garlic powder
- a healthy dusting of salt
Mustard Soy Vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup shoyu soy sauce
- sriracha to taste
- Heat oven to 425 convection.
- Prepare the brussel sprouts by removing any yellowed outer leaves, trimming off the root end and cutting them in half lengthwise. Place them in a large mixing bowl, making sure to collect any leaves that have come loose from the sprouts.
- Douse the sprouts with olive oil and mix very well, making sure every spout is well coated and massaging so that outer leaves come free. Move sprouts to a parchment lined baking sheet sprinkle generously with garlic powder and salt.
- Transfer to oven and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and toss. Return to oven 10 to 20 minutes longer. Watch them carefully. When the hearts of the sprouts are tender and the outer leaves are dark and crispy, they're done.
- In a separate bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce. Pour over the sprouts when they come out of the oven, and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.