If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An original recipe Daytona created to be published in an April issue of the Norwegian American Weekly, this is a new favorite recipe of the Seattle-based food writer. With its variety of spring vegetables along with smoked salmon and egg, it's a spring salad with a Nordic touch, and could easily be considered a Norwegian variation on the classic salade nicoise. - Daytona Strong
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons wal
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 package (4 ounces) mâche
- 12 spears of pickled asparagus
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, halved
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, sliced
- medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- To make the dressing, whisk walnut oil, champagne vinegar, dill, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper together in a small bowl until emulsified. Toss mâche with the dressing until coated.
- Distribute mâche between four salad plates or shallow bowls, then arrange three asparagus spears, one egg, two ounces of salmon, a quarter of the cucumber slices, and a lemon wedge on each plate. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar