If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a take on Warm German Potato Salad with a classic bacon vinaigrette and white beans for potatoes. Nice as a side dish or on a buffet table, it's good served warm or at room temperature. And easy to make in one pan! - inpatskitchen
Serves 4 to 6
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 cups cooked white beans (Cannelini or Great Northern) or 2 15.5 ounce cans
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- In a large saute pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper toweling, leaving the bacon drippings in the pan.
- Add the diced sweet onion to the pan and saute until softened. Over medium heat stir in the sugar and vinegar and let come up to a simmer.
- Rinse and drain the beans and add them to the pan. Gently simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Chop the bacon pieces and add them along with the sliced green onion to the pan. Simmer another minute or two and then season with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the bean mixture to a serving bowl. There will be liquid left in the pan. Simmer for a few minutes until it thickens to a light syrup.
- Pour the syrup over the beans, garnish with the parsley leaves and serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.