If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Maybe you've heard of or make "white" barbecue sauce from Alabama -- it's tart and tangy with mayo and vinegar as its base instead of the more common tomato. I like it a lot and thought I'd put a new twist on it for some chicken kebabs. Instead of the traditional horseradish I substituted sambal oelek for a bigger kick and a little sugar for sweetness. And extra is great as a dipping sauce. - inpatskitchen
Food52 Review: WHO: We've been cooking with inpatskitchen for a long time, and this is one of her best recipes yet.
WHAT: Moist, flavorful, addictive kebabs that will put the rest of the backyard barbecue spread to shame.
HOW: Mix up the sauce, fire up the grill, don't forget to baste.
WHY WE LOVE IT: "How is this chicken so moist?" is what you'll ask yourself while you're eating these. And probably, "Why can't I stop?" Don't ask questions, just keep eating. You have the recipe now -- the secrets are yours. - The Editors
Makes 4 kebabs (but there will be enough sauce to do 6 to 8 kebabs)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (or more if you can handle it..I used two!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, mashed or put through a press
- Whisk all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate. (Sauce can be made well ahead of time.)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Four 12-inch skewers (if using wood, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning)
- Salt, pepper, and olive oil
- The sauce
- Cut the breast halves into 1 1/2 inch cubes and thread them on the skewers. Season the kebabs with a little salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Light your grill to medium heat and oil the grates well.
- Reserve 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the sauce for dipping.
- Place your kebabs on the grill and start lightly basting and turning until the chicken is done. (Be careful not to burn!) Serve them up with a little of the reserved sauce on the side.
- Your Best Barbecue Contest Finalist!
Chop to It
Salad with one rule: chop it real good.
Let's get chopping.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Rock the roast.
This is poppin'.