If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick, easy recipe for rich chocolate treats that are halfway between fudge bites and brownies. They have a pleasantly nutty flavor, with crisp bits of crushed cracker and chopped hazelnut mixed in—and you can put them together in just a few minutes.
This recipe is from my cookbook all about pudding, panna cotta, and other no-bake treats. It's called Bakeless Sweets: Pudding, Panna Cotta, Fluff, Icebox Cake & More No-Bake Desserts. If you love no-bake goodies as much as I do, then I think you may just love this book as well! —Faith Durand
Makes 16 small brownies
- 1 generous cup graham cracker crumbs, from 8 to 10 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Line an 8-inch (20-cm) square baking dish with two crossed strips of parchment or wax paper, letting the long ends hang over the sides of the dish. Grease lightly with butter or baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the crackers, hazelnuts, cocoa, and salt. Pour in the milk. (If desired, you can set the can in a pan of warm water to make it easier to scrape out and stir in the milk.) Pour in the melted chocolate and stir firmly to thoroughly combine, then scrape the mixture into the prepared pan. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and press firmly into the pan.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, until firm enough to cut. Lift the parchment paper to remove the brownies from the pan. Cut the brownies into small squares. They will be fudgy but quite firm. Store leftover brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.