Author Notes: Squash blossoms are all the rage at the spring/summer farmers markets. I will eat them any way I can. I especially love them stuffed with goat cheese, rolled in breadcrumbs and fried. Here is a pizza recipe with the much adored squash blossoms - karen bianchi
- 1 Round of Pizza dough.
- 8 Squash Blossoms, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 bunch Arugula
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 1 Small can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Flour for pizza stone
- Place pizza stone in 450 degree oven for 1/2 an hour.
- Roll out pizza dough and place on hot, floured pizza stone.
- Brush dough with tomato sauce.
- Pour grated parmesan over sauce.
- Place sliced squash blossoms and onion on pizza.
- Lightly brush olive oil around edge of pizza dough
- Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes. About 5 minutes before it is done, arrange arugula on top.