Author Notes: Cauliflower is a favorite in my home. I adore browning and caramelizing it in the oven. Spritzing it with lots of lemon juice balances the warm, toasty flavors. Garlic and oregano give this humble vegetable a Mediterranean spin. Fresh mint finishes everything off with hints of summertime and sunshine. Flaky sea salt enhances all the contrasting flavors. If you've got some fleur de sel hanging around your kitchen, here's a good place to use it.
- Jilly Inspired
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1 small garlic clove, minced on a microplane or in a garlic press
- 1 large lemon, zested
- Handful of fresh herbs of your choice. I used parsley and mint, chopped
- Good pinch or two of dried oregano
- Sea salt or kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking. I used unfiltered, extra virgin
- Fleur de sel or another kind of flaky sea salt for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 In a baking pan, toss the cauliflower in the olive oil, lemon zest and oregano with some salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven and toss the cauliflower. Place it back in the oven for 15 minutes or until it's soft and fully cooked. Take it out again and stir in the minced garlic. Cook for 3-5 more minutes to warm the garlic. Before serving, sprinkle with lemon juice, chopped fresh herbs and fleur de sel or other flaky sea salt. Enjoy!