Author Notes: This past summer was filled with free outdoor concerts ... being one of the avid cooks amongst my friends I am usually tasked to bring the picnic goods. After concert number 3 the usual hummus and pita gets a little old so I started getting creative. This white pizza was a hit ... simple, tasty and easy to eat on the go it makes a perfect picnic food. - amreen
- 1 bag trader joes whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 large bag washed spinach leaves
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 ounces goat cheese (log)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or asiago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- flour or cornmeal for rolling out the dough
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees and take the pizza dough out of the fridge and bring it to room temperature.
- While the dough is warming up In a large pot juice the lemon thoroughly. Add the spinach and a little bit of water and zest about 1 teaspoon of the lemon into the pot. Cover and set on low. Cook the spinach for a few minutes until it is wilted and a bright green. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the garlic and set it aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough to the thickness of your choice. I place cornmeal down on the rolling board before I roll out the dough but you could use regular flour as well.
- Place the dough on a pizza stone or pan. I like to use my cast iron grill pan. Drizzle the olive oil on the dough and sprinkle the garlic evenly over the dough.
- Place dollops of spinach and goat cheese evenly around the dough. Sprinkle the parmesan or asiago on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the crust is to your desired brownness. Let it cool, cut it and you are set to go!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza