If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 3 cups
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered pectin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 5 pieces coriander seeds
- 1 piece cardamom pod
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar, pectin, and salt to combine. If a seedless jam is desired, purée the berries in a blender and strain through a fine-meshed sieve. Otherwise, leave them whole, or cut large ones into quarters.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sherry vinegar, rice wine vinegar, coriander, and cardamom. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and immediately remove from heat. Remove and discard the coriander seeds and cardamom.
- Return the saucepan to medium heat and add the sugar mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until blended; it will be dry at first. Add the strawberries or strawberry purée, and continue to stir, crushing the berries with the spoon, until the mixture is liquefied and comes to a boil. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the jam into a heat-proof bowl and let cool completely. Store it, covered, in the refrigerator. The jam can also be frozen for up to six months.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.