If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mildly sweet, refreshingly sour, addictively fragrant, occasionally crunchy, and most of all, gloriously healthy... - QueenSashy
- 3 cups quinoa
- 4 ounces pine nuts
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Grated zest of two limes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 generous cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup minced parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Shake the skillet frequently to ensure even browning. When the nuts are fragrant and gently browned, take the pan off the heat and transfer the pine nuts to a plate to cool.
- Combine the quinoa with six cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with lid and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the grains are translucent and the germ has spiraled out from each grain. Drain the quinoa and let it cool.
- In a bowl, mix the quinoa with all the ingredients except the pine nuts. Let the flavors combine for about an hour or two. Add the pine nuts, mix well and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side