Author Notes: Mildly sweet, refreshingly sour, addictively fragrant, occasionally crunchy, and most of all, gloriously healthy... - QueenSashy
- 3 cups quinoa
- 4 ounces pine nuts
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Grated zest of two limes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 generous cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup minced parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Shake the skillet frequently to ensure even browning. When the nuts are fragrant and gently browned, take the pan off the heat and transfer the pine nuts to a plate to cool.
- Combine the quinoa with six cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with lid and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the grains are translucent and the germ has spiraled out from each grain. Drain the quinoa and let it cool.
- In a bowl, mix the quinoa with all the ingredients except the pine nuts. Let the flavors combine for about an hour or two. Add the pine nuts, mix well and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side