If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 3 medium green tomatoes (about 1 pound), sliced ½-inch thick
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup coarsely grated Monterey Jack
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium, ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high. In a small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon oil with cumin and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Rub tomatoes with flavored oil.
- Brush both sides of tortillas with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill one side of tortilla until puffed and golden, about 2 minutes. Flip tortillas and divide cheese among them. Cook until cheese has melted, 2 minutes; transfer to a platter. Add tomatoes to grill and cook until charred and slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Toss beans with cilantro, lime juice and remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Top tostadas with arugula, grilled tomatoes and dressed beans. Serve avocado on the side. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper and serve with lime wedges.
Just Butter Isn't Better
Why making your own ghee is worth it
Make your own ghee.
The dreamiest foods around.
Stop slamming salad.
A can-do tool.