If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Served at room temperature or cold, this sausage potato salad is a perfect portable side dish. Adapted from Bobby Deen substituting small whole Yukon Gold potatoes and a cracked pepper smoked sausage along with fresh herbs and a hearty Dijon country mustard. - Lynne317
- 1 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fully cooked cracked pepper smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
Country Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon style country mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons good olive oil
- For the Salad, bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, bring back to a boil and cook 10-15 minutes for small potatoes, more time for larger ones. Drain and let cool. If large, quarter and transfer to a bowl
- Add celery, shallot and fresh thyme leaves. Set aside
- Meanwhile, in a large skilled, heat the 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage slices and saute until browned. Remove from the pan onto a paper towel lined plate to drain some of the excess fat. Transfer to the bowl of potatoes, shallot, celery and thyme leaves.
- For the Dressing-in a small jar with a lid, add the red wine vinegar, country mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour in the 6 tablespoons olive oil. Close lid and shake until emulsified. Add 1/2 of the vinaigrette to the potato salad. Taste, adjust seasoning. Garnish with additional fresh thyme leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.