If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Run, don't walk, to make this succotash as soon as you have fresh cherry tomatoes. The combination of sweet vegetables and buttery coconut oil makes this easy dinner an irresistible delight. —Gena Hamshaw
- 1 1/2 cups shelled lima beans, or frozen lima beans, thawed (substitute edamame if you don't have lima beans)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 small white or spring onion, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup fresh, shucked corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- If using fresh lima beans, bring a pot of water to a boil and add the lima beans. Boil for 2-3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and shallot and sauté for 5 minutes, or until onions are soft and barely golden.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until zucchini is soft.
- Stir in the lima beans, corn, and tomatoes. Sauté for five minutes more, or until tomatoes have released their juices and everything is heated through. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, chives, basil, and lemon juice. Serve.
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.