Author Notes: The classic Mediterranean Salad boosted by crunchy cucumber, sweet tomatoes, and briny olives. - Pinch&Swirl
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup dry bulgur
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 12 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 ounces crumbled feta
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Bring water to boil, add dry bulgur to boiling water, stir. Turn heat off, leaving the pan in place; cover and let stand 25 minutes.
- Fluff bulgur with a fork and then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the bulgur is cool, add salt, lemon juice, and garlic. Stir to combine; cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- About ½ hour before you plan to serve this salad, remove the bulgur mixture from the fridge and toss with a fork to lighten and separate. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine. Taste for seasoning – add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side