If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The classic Mediterranean Salad boosted by crunchy cucumber, sweet tomatoes, and briny olives. —Pinch&Swirl
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup dry bulgur
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 12 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 ounces crumbled feta
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Bring water to boil, add dry bulgur to boiling water, stir. Turn heat off, leaving the pan in place; cover and let stand 25 minutes.
- Fluff bulgur with a fork and then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the bulgur is cool, add salt, lemon juice, and garlic. Stir to combine; cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- About ½ hour before you plan to serve this salad, remove the bulgur mixture from the fridge and toss with a fork to lighten and separate. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine. Taste for seasoning – add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
Your New Main Squeeze
A tart, sunny lemon bar cheesecake
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Recipe of the Day
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.