Author Notes: This is an awesome side dish that can also work as a main meal for vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores alike. Serving it at room temperature maximizes the flavours and makes it a great dish for lunch or a picnic.
You won't be able to stop eating it, I promise. - Samantha Angela
- 1 1/2 cup cooked millet, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 can, chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white & green parts
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, curry, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Pour over the millet, and mix with a fork.
- Add the carrots, currants, and scallions, mixing well and seasoning to taste. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side