If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an awesome side dish that can also work as a main meal for vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores alike. Serving it at room temperature maximizes the flavours and makes it a great dish for lunch or a picnic.
You won't be able to stop eating it, I promise. —Samantha Angela
- 1 1/2 cups cooked millet, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 can, chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white & green parts
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, curry, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Pour over the millet, and mix with a fork.
- Add the carrots, currants, and scallions, mixing well and seasoning to taste. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
Oh, Cluck Yeah
These chicken books aren't for cooking
Oh, cluck yeah.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Mexico City: beyond the taco.
A better basket.