If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pair this pasta salad with a simple piece of grilled salmon for an easy and satisfying dinner, or pack it up and share at a picnic! —Sarah | strawberryplum
Food52 Review: The flavors in this Lemon-Dill Orzo Pasta Salad are mild and subtle -- perfect for complementing grilled salmon or a roasted chicken with pan juices. At first, the grated shallot and Dijon in the vinaigrette may seem like they would overwhelm the dish, but both settle in without a hint of bite. The use of feta and olives also brings a bit of salty flavor with each taste. —viblanco
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 medium shallot, grated
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, mostly peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook the orzo in abundantly salted water according to package instructions or to your taste. Drain and transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Meanwhile, make lemon-dill vinaigrette to dress the salad: combine lemon zest and juice, mustard, and grated shallot in a medium bowl. Whisk everything together with a few pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking, then stir in the chopped dill. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the still-warm pasta and toss. Allow to cool to room temperature, then add the olives and cucumbers. Scatter the crumbled feta cheese over the top and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.