If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Gazpacho is a little reminiscent of good pico de gallo. I often put chips on it as garnish and avocado. It is the perfect cool summer dish to eat for lunch, or along side some Barbecue. —Miss Carolyn
Serves 8 full bowls or more if it's side
- 3 Large Hanover or Heirloom Tomato
- 2 cups Mixed small tomoates: yellow, cherry etc.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup Red onions
- 1 zuccini
- 1 summer squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 Jalepeno seeds in or out depending on desired level of spice
- 2 Stalks of celery
- 1 large cucumber with the seeds removed
- 1/2 cup Chopped Parsley
- 32 ounces Container of V8 Chilled
- 1/8 cup Good Organic Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice and de-seed the big tomatoes. You can use any type or a combination of less cherry tomato and more heirlooms. The cherry tomatoes don’t need to be deseeded
- Food process all ingredients, except the parsley I did this individually/semi-individually. You will never be able to fit it all in the food processor at one. The consistence should not be purred more finely chopped. The Cuisinart cuts down on time, you could also use a blender or chop it with a knife.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, stirring as you go
- Once all vegetables are chopped stir in olive oil, and red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper, stir in chopped parley
- Chill vegetable mixture and V8 juice (seperately) for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Serve: scoop ¾ of a cup to 1 cup of the vegetable mixture into the center of the bowl; pour a half a cup of V8 juice around the perimeter. Garnish with sliced avocado and chopped parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
Dang Good Dough
Beaver tails might be the best fair food—ever
Meet beaver tails.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Oh, cluck yeah.
A better basket.