If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Each year I plant a few heritage cherry tomato plants which end up taking over one end of my tomato patch, looking like exploding fireworks through the dense green leaves. I usually eat them right off the bush or toss them in salads , omelets and pizzas. I made this as a combination main ingredient and dressing for salads to be served as a first course at two large charity dinners. In spite of the long list of ingredients, once everything is finely minced it's very simple and can be made a day or two ahead of time. —dymnyno
Makes 1 quart
- 4-5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallots, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, leaves only, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, leaves on, finely minced
- 11/2 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kalamata olives, finely minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Toss the cherry tomatoes in a little olive oil, just enough to lightly coat, and spread on a rimmed baking sheet , sprinkle with a mixture of the salt and sugar and roast for about 2 hours in a 200 degree oven until slightly caramelized but not dehydrated
- Mix the shallots, parsley, tarragon, oregano, sun dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives together. Add the lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil and mix thoroughly and finally add the mixture to the tomatoes and toss to distribute the herbs and vinaigrette.
- Serve over Little Gem lettuce sliced in half or your favorite greens. Also great on bread or over burrata.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.