If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cutting the okra in half lengthwise and roasting it eradicates the “slimy” texture that most people associate with okra. Also, try buying okra no longer than the length of your pinky. The smaller ones are delicate and tend to be more flavorful. - amber wilson | for the love of the south
Serves 4 as a side
- 1 pound of fresh okra, rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (or 1 full teaspoon for the bold)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Trim the rough tops and skinny bottom tips off the okra pods, and cut the okra in half lengthwise. In a large bowl, toss the okra, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and olive oil together until well combined. On a rimmed baking sheet, spread the okra in a single layer and roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until brown. Serve immediately.
A Genius Secret Weapon to Keep on Hand
Freeze it right there.
A genius secret weapon for your freezer.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
You won't be board with this game.