If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Aside from the vinaigrette, a trip to the farmer's market today supplied us with all the produce we needed to make this salad. Ground cherries have a short harvesting season here, and we love the sweet taste and melt-in-your-mouth feel to these lovely little beauties. They work beautifully in this salad. I keep the vinaigrette simple so all the vegetables get to shine. - Bevi
Makes 4 portions
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- juice of one small lime
- zest of the lime
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 4 ears grilled corn
- 1 cup husked whole ground cherries (see below)
- 1 cup cucumber, quartered lengthwise, deseeded, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil, cut into a fine chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced finely (add more if you prefer)
- Wash the ground cherries in their husks. I have better luck removing the husks if they are moistened. Pinch the base of the husk away from the cherry - it should slide off easily.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining the olive oil, lime juice, lime zest and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the grilled corn, ground cherries, cukes, basil, shallot, and jalapeño to a medium sized serving bowl and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the vinaigrette, mix all ingredients, and chill in the refrigerator.
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Genius, explained at last.
White and Grey Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.