If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I originally got this recipe from Epicurious, I decided to bump it up and came up with this. I don't add the tomato,avocado and cucumbers unless I think the salad will be gone. I cut them up and add to separate dishes so they don't get soggy and people can add what they like. I prefer the black Quinoa but you can use any kind. I have also added different kind of beans it dose not matter what you add or take away from the list of vegetables it still turns out. —Fran McGinty
- 1 cup black Quinoa
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Raw Corn cut off of cob
- 3/4 cup Zucchini
- 3/4 cup Cucumbers
- 3/4 cup Tomato
- 3/4 cup Pea Pods or frozen Pea's
- 3/4 cup Torn Spinach Leaves
- 1 or 2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Asparagus
- 1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup Grated Carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse Quinoa well, add 1 1/2 cup of cold water and 1/2 teaspoon salt cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, covered, set aside to allow all the water to get absorbed and to cool, add red wine vinegar.
- Cut vegetables to bite size pieces and add to Quinoa.
- Drain and rinse kidney beans or use fresh cooked and add to Quinoa.
- Prepare Dressing
Cumin Lime Dressing
- 5 tablespoons Fresh squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 or 2 Shakes of Hot Sauce
- Mix dressing ingredients and add to Quinoa salad. Mix well serve room temperature or cold.
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.