If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This quick and easy lemony dish uses two of my favourite things.....Shrimp and Quinoa! These two items are on my list of quick and easy go to meals. You can do just about anything with them in a very short time. - C. Green
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 juice of 2 lemons
- 2 zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 10-12 Shrimp (31-40 size)
- 2 Asparagus stalks
- 2 cloves minces or grated garlic
- 1 pinch pepper (if you have lemon pepper use it)
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil to sauté
- Cook quinoa according to package directions - I substituted 1/4 cup of lemon juice to the liquid to give it more of a lemon hit
- While quinoa is cooking add the frozen vegetables (since the vegetables have moisture because they are frozen I tend to add a touch less liquid to the quinoa)
- In a separate pan, heat oil and garlic and then throw in the chopped asparagus.
- Let it sauté for a couple of minutes to get the asparagus slightly cooked. Add the shrimp, whatever is left from the lemon juice and some pepper. Stir and cook until shrimp is light pink and turn off heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.