If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These decadent cupcakes are a delicious tea time treat or as an indulgent after dinner dessert. - CLIP Creative and PR
Serves 12 people
- 185 Grams of Unsalted butter
- 185 Grams of Dark Chocolate
- 85 Grams of Plain Flour
- 40 Cocoa Powder
- 3 Large Eggs
- 275 Grams of Golden Caster Sugar
- 113 Grams of Butter
- 113 Grams of Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 90 Grams of Self Raising Flour
- 23 Grams of Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 140 Grams of Softened Butter
- 280 Grams of Icing Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- Method for the brownie: Preheat the oven to 120 degrees centigrade. Grease and line an oven proof brownie pan. Break up the chocolate pieces and butter and place in bowl over a pan of hot water until the chocolate and butter has melted then leave to cool. Mix eggs and sugar until double in volume and looks thick and creamy like a milk shake. Add the cooled chocolate and butter mixture to the eggs and sugar mix then sift and fold in the flour and cocoa powder. Then turn up the oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Pour the mixture in to the lined brownie pan and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked. When cooked the top should have a shiny, papery crust and the sides will begin to come away from the tin. Take out of the oven and leave until completely cooled. Cut in to small square pieces and store in an air tight container in a cool, dry place.
- Method for the chocolate cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 120 degrees centigrade. Line a 12 hole cake tin with paper cases. Mix the softened butter and sugar until cream. Add the eggs in one by one. Fold in the sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Turn the oven up to 180 degrees centigrade. Divide the cake mixture evenly between the 12 cake cases. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cakes are cooked. Once cooked place on to a wire rack until completely cool. Place in an air tight container in a cool, dry place.
- Method for the frosting: Mix the butter, icing sugar and frosting until the mixture has combined and looks and feels like the consistency of ice cream.
- Method to assemble the cakes: Spread and cover all the chocolate cakes with a tablespoon of frosting, alternatively pipe the frosting on to the cup cakes. Place one square piece of brownie and a chocolate toffee sweet on to each frosted cake. Cover with chocolate meringue sprinkles and drizzle caramel sauce to finish.
Boost your Morning Bagel
Make your own beet-cured salmon at home.
Boost your Bagel
Orange and Ricotta Ravioli
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
More than what meets the mouth.