If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great vegetarian dish. You can serve it cold or hot. If you want to increase its amount of protein and fat you can add a can of tuna fish in olive oil and/or a hard boiled egg. - Candyland Queens
- 2 cups of dried garbanzo beans (previously soaked overnight)
- 1 medium size onion (yellow or red) finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Cilantro roughly chopped (as much as you like)
- Let the garbanzo beans boil in water and salt for about 2 hours on medium-low until it's entirely cooked (try a couple of beans to make sure that they fully cooked). Drain thoroughly (you can also use 2 cans of garbanzo, but we do prefer the dried garbanzos as they taste better).
- Add the cooked garbanzos to a large bowl with the onion, cilantro and olive oil. Mix it thoroughly. If you want you can add the tuna and/or an egg to the mixture. It is delicious, both hot or cold and a kind of light bean dish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Beans
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.