If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious soft rice paper rolls filled with spicy chicken, rice noodles, and a deliciously spicy chili dipping sauce. Like Thai Larb but packaged in an easy to eat container. - Palatable Pastime
Makes 6 rolls
Thai Larb Rolls
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 8 ounces ground chicken
- .5 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 minced fresh red Thai chillies
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- .5 whole lime (fresh lime juice and zest)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted rice powder
- 2.5 ounces dry rice vermicelli
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai holy basil, chopped
- 6 large rice paper wrappers (banh trang)
Spicy Thai Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce (Mae Ploy) or Thai chili and ginger sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Prepare rolls: Brown and crumble chicken, minced chillies and chopped onions in peanut oil in a nonstick skillet until cooked through; remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, fresh lime juice, fish sauce, and roasted rice powder; allow to cool.
- Cook rice vermicelli in boiling water for 1 minute; drain and run cold water over it to stop cooking.
- Stir together ingredients for dipping sauce and set aside.
- Snip cooked noodles into smaller pieces. place in a mixing bowl with cooked chicken, green onions, Thai basil and mint; stir until mixed.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Take rice papers one at a time and submerge in water until it softens, about 15 seconds or so.
- Remove rice paper from water and swat each side against dry paper toweling, then place on a flat surface. Place 1/2 cup meat/vermicelli mixture in the center of rice paper, fold sides over, then fold bottom end over and roll up; repeat with the remaining 5 wrappers.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.