If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup quinoa (I used “rainbow”)
- 2 cups chopped parsley (leaves and stems from 2 bunches)
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cup grated Comte or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place quinoa and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Cover and soak quinoa for 6 to 8 hours. When ready to prepare salad, add 1/4 cup water to saucepan and place over high heat to bring to a boil, then simmer 5 minutes. Pour cooked quinoa onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread to a thin layer to cool (about 10 minutes).
- While quinoa cooks and cools, heat a medium, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds and cook, tossing occasionally, until they are toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet with quinoa to cool.
- Chop parsley and transfer to a large bowl with shallot and cheese. Add quinoa and pumpkin seeds and toss to combine. Stir in oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.